No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Friday 20 June 2008

A very frustrating week...

It's been one of those weeks were you wish that EVERYBODY would just piss off and go and flush themselves down the toilet. The stress at work is getting crazy - too much to do with too little time and a very sick hubby at home that needs attention all the time, stress at home getting a little too much - very sick hubby that is frustrated because I tend to be overprotective and then he gets frustrated with me, and all of this with a three hour commute every day due to the loving government that are working on every single access route into Johannesburg for the 2010 soccer world cup... At least by 2010 traffic will be a breeze - mostly 'cause everybody's dead due to road rage! (Not to mention the price of fuel!)

At least from next week I can work mostly from home as there are fewer meetings to attend and less 'in office' tasks to complete. And my PA will be more comfortable with her job description so she will not need me to be there all the time - poor thing only started this week. (Apparently I'm mean and very bombastic! Not really, just very demanding...) God bless the inventors of the Internet/broadband and telephones!

Long story short - looking forward to a weekend of doing as little as possible. Spending time indoors with my man, and just pottering around the house.

Hope y'all have a loverly weekend as well!

TTFN

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please take some time to relax.

And on another note: it seemed you escaped Nairobi's 3-hour traffic jams to ...Jo'burg's 3-hour traffic jams. Good one.

Lovely weekend to both of you.

WY

Laurie said...

Oh Honey!
It's things like this that make
me wish I lived next door. Then you
could relax and breath cause I'd
be over helping out and forcing you
to sit and have a beer or 12.
You wouldn't have to lift a finger
other than to say MORE BEER PLEASE!

I wish you a better weekend!

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!

My adventures said...

Don't forget to take care of yourself too. And remember, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. My best to Dawie!

A Lewis said...

3 hour commute? oh dear god. i'm so sorry for your struggles. i wish you rest this weekend.

Java said...

Hope you have a restful, peaceful weekend, you and Dawie. I also hope his health is improving. Best wishes, dear.