No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 2 July 2008

I can honestly say that I'm suffering from 'blog-lessness' at the moment. I don't have the time to read all the folks that I read, and I don't have the time to post on my own space either... 'Tres' frustrating I might add! My life at the moment is crazy busy and it feels as if I have no real control over it.

It's up at 5 in the morning to make sure hubby has breakfast before he needs to take his first batch of tablets, then feed the dogs and make sure everything is set up for for the hubby for the day - he's still at home and still quite weak so I need to make sure that he is comfortable and has everything within easy reach before I leave for work. I might add here that I'm SO not a morning person, so this is VERY tough. Then it's getting myself ready and in the car for a two hour commute to Jozie and a full day of work ahead. Rush back home - another two hour commute, and then it's making sure dinner is ready and the evening tab's go down. Then some quality time with the children and the hubby before I collapse into bed at about 12... And work is MAYOR stress at the moment too. I'm busy with a restructuring of operations and obviously not very popular, but it's par for the course.

Sound like it's crazy and it is, but I'm really thankful that I can be here while my man recovers and gets stronger again, and I'm thankful that I can afford to appoint a housekeeper that can keep an eye on him during the day. I'm thankful that his boss has told him to take as long as he needs to recover and that his job is safe, and that they are not cutting into his earnings at all even though he's used all his sick leave due to him! Amazing! And I'm thankful for a Mom that drives to him every second day to 'check on my son'. Bless her big time!

So, long story short - I'm busy! Hope y'all are having a really pretty time now...

TTFN

4 comments:

Java said...

Wow. You really are busy. Thanks for checking in, though. I've been wondering about you and the hubby. Glad to hear he is on the mend.
You aren't getting much sleep! Can you sleep in a little on weekends? Don't over-do it.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

Busy busy busy.. story of our lives. Good to hear from you and glad Dawie's getting stronger.

BTW Billy the Kenyans beat the Boks last Sunday at the rugby Sevens. I thought of you fondly as I sipped my tusker ;)

My adventures said...

I'm glad Dawie is getting better! And, what a commute!! Egads! And remember, what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger, keep up the good work!!

Laurie said...

Oh my Billy :( I know it's tuff.

I know what ya mean about not being
a morning person. I'm not a morning
noon or night one myself.

Give your mom a hug from me. She's
a wonderful woman.

HUGS!!!! To you and 'D'!