No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 9 July 2008

Time for a change...


So, it's been a few weeks of turmoil and drama in my life, but now it's time for a change! Yes, it's time to 'get my life back' so to speak. Dawie is getting better by the day and will be returning to work next week (albeit for only a few hours and only three days a week, but still), I'm busy with 4 different projects at the same time (try keeping that in the air!) and the container has (finally!) arrived and we can now conclude the move to SA. So, with that in mind, it's time I change my blog to reflect my 'new life'...
We need a new name. Now, I've asked this before, but I would really love some suggestions... I started this not so much as a blog but as a diary of my experiences, but now it's turned into something that I enjoy and want to contnue doin'. Hey who knew I had a little bit of creative juice flowin' trough me...
Then I would need to start 'adjusting' this to suit my new 'space' as it's not really about a strange country anymore. Yes. I'll still be travelling a lot (Going to Brazil next month) but I'm now based in my 'home town' so to speak. Oh well, can still write about my experiences, right?
Well, expect a new face and a new outlook in this little blog! Welcome to my new world!
TTFN
Ps: Will be busy with unpacking till next week, so hope y'all have a pretty weekend now!

4 comments:

A Lewis said...

fantastic to hear from you again! i send you good greetings for settling in and enjoying your home and city. i'm sure a name will come to you soon!

Laurie said...

HA! Love the pic!

Wish you the best with everything!

HUGS!! to y'all!

Java said...

I, too, love that picture. I am particularly fond of giraffes anyway.

I wondered about the name of this blog since you've moved away from Kenya. I'm glad you want to continue it. I enjoy your writing and the things you write about. As for what the title should be, I have no good ideas for that.

Tell Dawie I'm glad he is getting so much better. Good luck at work next week!

My adventures said...

I'm glad that Dawie is getting better, that must lift his spirits as well as yours!! Being ill is a cruel mistress indeed! What fun, Brazil! I'm heading down there before the end of the year too! I've put it off long enough and have this unyeilding desire to get there. As for a new name, how about "Out in Africa"... I love your blog and will one day come and visit you too!! Have a great one and glad you guys are getting back to some sort of normalcy. Take care!!