No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Thursday 14 August 2008

A little comment...

Besides the Olympics and South Africa's dismal performance being headline news right now, there is another story that is getting some attention at the moment. One of the really conservative Afrikaans Churches is being sued for wrongful dismissal by an ex employee for not only being gay, but (heaven forbid!) being in a long term relationship with a man! And now their leader said that they 'could have helped him' if he only confessed that he was a 'homosexual' person - HOW? You conceited bastard...

Lucky for him he lives in a country where his right of freedom of choice with regards to his sexual orientation is protected by the constitution and the outcome of this case will probably be that the church would have to pay up. This is discrimination, pure and simple.

This specific church is not too far from our home in Pretoria. It's a big, pompous glass and brick monstrosity on a large tract of land surrounded by miles of palisade fencing. I'm of the opinion that we should get together a team of people and go and paint their 'cherished' palisade fencing in the PRIDE colours one evening... That should keep them busy with the 'moffie' (gay) agenda for a while. Bastards...

Now I feel better - had my little rant for the morning. On a personal note, feeling more alive and well after the flu thing, Dawie is getting stronger by the day. Jessica (our Yorkie) went into 'that time' and it's quite the effort keeping her away from all the male visitors to our home at the moment - little slut! (Daddy's little slut! Dawie says she's just as randy as I am...) Jason (our male Yorkie) was 'fixed' a while ago, so he's no real threat, although he does try his luck with her. Don't want to 'make' grandchildren just yet, so we need to skip this time around.

Otherwise, just work and carrying on with life. We're planning a trip to Crystal Springs next month, and then we're also planning a trip to Cape Town for Dawie's 40th early next year... Goodness - we're older than the crypt keeper... That trip should be fun! And then still planning our trip to the US of A for late next year. Have to have dreams daaaaaahlings!

So, that's my life in a nutshell - I know I've been really quite of late, but it's been such a mad time. I need to visit all my 'bloggin' friends to see what's up in their lives and play catch-up a bit...

Hope y'all are as well as a pig in pooo!

TTFN

6 comments:

Laurie said...

WOW! I hope that church has to pay.
Help him? Oh man! I think that is
so funny how a 'church' thinks they
can 'make you straight'.

SOOOO glad y'all are doing good. I
worry so much about people.

Poor Jessica :( We just rescued our
latest addition to the family. A
female black lad Jennie. We got her
last week Tuesday. She was left
out in this heat with no real
shelter, no food, and water that
was sitting out in the sun getting
hot. We got her fixed yesterday.

Give HUGS to all!!!

A Lewis said...

Older than the crypt keeper? And what, exactly, does that make me then? Damn you! Sounds like you're doing pretty well, which I'm happy for.

Anonymous said...

Hey Billy maybe I can go to that church for a 'cure'.... you are so right about calling them idiots.
I'm glad that with SA's stringent non-discrimination laws, he has some hope of justice.

Glad to see you're back! My best to Dawie

Java said...

Things seem better for gays there in SA than they are in the states. I like the idea of parading your pride down to the church and mixing up a bit of rainbow color on their fence.

My adventures said...

7 people with each in charge of a different color, you could paint that fence in no time! I'll help! Ha! If you guys make it to Texas next year, I've got a great guest room!

Unknown said...

Hi, of course this post is genuinely fastidious and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging. thanks.
Palisade fencing