No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 27 October 2008

New week - last week...


It's been such a crazy time of late - I know I know I've said that already, but it just seems like my life is running away from itself... I will try and sort out my time better once I start at the new job next week!
Yes, I've been head hunted by an affiliate company in the group I work for and I'll start with them from the beginning of November. Should be a challenge and a new exciting prospect - very young crowd and young 'vibe' at that group, so going to have some fun. I think I'm truly blessed that in the VERY insecure economic times that I still get to grow my career (and income) - this in spite of the the fact that EVERYBODY is cutting back staff. So, this is my last week in the company I'm in at the moment and I still have a few things to complete and hand over.
We've just gone trough another series of tests with Dawie and it's mostly good - his liver function was a little shaky but that is being treated now. He's gained a total of nearly 10kg since June and he's starting to look like a human being again - less stick insect like. He still needs to gain at least 10 kilos to be back where he was, but we're getting there. I, on the other hand, need to lose some of these 'love pounds' I've gained since my return to SA. You see - I try and cook food that will help hubby gain the weight, but it also means that I gain the weight! Not so good for a person that is prone to obesity - and I quit smoking, so it's a bit of a double whammy! Oh well, it's half an hour on the stepper three times a week for me.... Hate that bloody stepper - climbing stairs to nowhere!
Have made a mental note that I should really try and 'get to' my blog more often and also try and read my 'blog reads' more often as it feels like a bit of a void in my life at the moment. Now to make the time for that...
Hope y'all are well, and hope that my US readers have 'fun' during their last few days of campaigning before your general 'erection'.
Go Barack Obama!
TTFN

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Seems like we're both gaining the
weight that Dawie is supposed to.
Wonder why that is.....

Just glad that all is well there...
Is that your pussy?(heehee!)I had
to say that... ;)


HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Lewis said...

Did you say HUNTED by the company? Or HAUNTED? Since it's Halloween week, I was just asking. Glad to hear about the weight gain! And the weight loss....for me too...right around the middle. Love and hugs to you boys.