No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Tuesday 21 July 2009

A bit of this, a lot of that...

Yesterday, 40 years ago my dearest mom, HIGHLY pregnant with me was listening to the radio, and was specifically listening to how Neil Armstrong spoke 'those words'. A few days later I was born... Not that that is what I want to write here - my birthday this year just seems so insignificant - and I'm as emotional as hell at the moment, so we're going to skip that one...


Mom and I are on our way to go and look at the wild flower display in the Northern Cape. Namaqwaland to be exact. It's an arid desert type landscape that, once a year, turns into the most phenomenal flower garden. It's absolutely stunning! Then on to Cape Town for a few days and then back home via the Garden Route. A round trip of about four to five thousand kilometers covered in three weeks. This is my birthday present to myself. Dawie and I saved up to go for a nice trip together on my fortieth (We would have gone to the US) but I've decided that this will do... Anyway, I'm in no mood to travel on my own. And I promised my Mom a trip to the flowers before her seventieth.

I feel completely uninspired and 'lifeless' at the moment - maybe just tired, maybe this long cold winter getting to me, or maybe I'm just not dealing with everything as well as I think I am. A dear friend commented that I'm not myself this weekend when we went for breakfast. I don't know - I'm coping, I think, mostly... Just not ready to break down again and deal with this, so it's easier just to avoid it... There - that my solution, stick my head in the ground and hope it goes away!

So - long story short - I'll be away for the next month. Hope y'all are happy and healthy!


TTFN

7 comments:

A Lewis said...

Hell, you're only 40?? You're a pup! Just call me DADDY!
As for the moon deal, I remember watching that on TV and also remember watching it orbit in the night time sky overhead.

A Lewis said...

PS:

How could I? Seriously, how could I have possibly forgotten to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I wish you pleasant dreams and yummy days ahead.

Anonymous said...

Hey you - have a fab Birthday treat trip with Mother!

Tamaku said...

Happy birthday fella! Look to the rays of sunshine peaking through the clouds. Take care.

My adventures said...

Have a great birthday and wonderful trip with your mom! When the time is right, you'll be right. Don't rush to get over anything, let it happen in it's own time. You'll be fine!! Enjoy your memories!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! 40th...I'm one year behind
you...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Honey...I wish I was there to help
ya out...I'm totally with David on
this one...Don't rush it...

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Its a great thought , with nice blog its so funny thanks for sharing ,,
___________________
victor
We do your Marketing for best sales