No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Friday 10 July 2009

Doing my bit for the enviroment...

I'm consciously trying to reduce my carbon footprint at the moment, making small changes to my life and household to try and see if I can, in my own little way, improve a little.

So, in light of this little 'effort' from my side, I'm now part of a lift club! Yes, 'Mister Control Freak' is in a car that another person drives for three hours of a working day, two weeks of the month... It's actually quite nice not having to drive and concentrate on the traffic, but it also means that I need to relax and not try and tell him how to manage things. My weak point really...

Also installing a solar geyser at home - hey, the government (Eskom) sponsors you to do so, and this should happen in next week. It will also reduce my electricity consumption. (I found out last week when I spoke to my dad that my electricity bill is higher than theirs, and they are two people in the house!)

So, long story short, I'm going green!

Now just to teach the dogs to stop 'breaking wind' and we'll be greener than Greenpeace!


Have a fruitful weekend y'all!

TTFN

6 comments:

A Lewis said...

Good for you! I'm loving how little we spend on gas in our Toyota Camry Hybrid.....

Anonymous said...

Going green is the right thing to do, one little adjustment and step at a time. It's actually so much easier than you expect.

You have a great weekend too!

betut ne leel said...

tackle you smiles and hugs

Anonymous said...

LOL! If you find a way to stop
those little bitty things from
breaking wind you tell me...My dog
Jennie rips some real stinkers...
Loud and stinky...

We have to replace a couple of
windows and put more insulation in
the attic...I don't wanna see my
electric bill this month...YUCK!

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

Tamaku said...

A topic very close to my heart. It beggars belief that many kids can't do their homework at night due to no electricity in the villages yet Africa is blessed with abundant solar energy!!!!

Anonymous said...

its really intresting thing i relly like this topic
tjhanks for sharing ,
___________________
victor
We do your Marketing for best sales