No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Thursday 25 October 2007

This week.

This week is filled with - yes you've got it - work! Pretty much all I'm doin' at the moment, what with another board (read: bored) meeting early next month, and monthly reports and mergers nothing else doing really. Well, except for tonight, making dinner for two female work mates that are here from Cape Town - Chicken and Prawn Curry with Coconut milk, A nice mixed salad with rocket and pecorini cheese, and dessert will be chocolate brownies with instant 'icecream' (frozen bananas and strawberries that get blitzed with yogurt and honey) and chocolate sauce with amaretto.(Small portions - not going to spoil all that hard work of the last few months with the waistline...)

My big weakness is food. Yes, I'm a food addict and will sell my soal (not really, but nearly) for a good piece of chocolate cake...It takes great restraint from me to not walk into the chocolate aisle at the local grocery store and just fill a basket with an assortment of Belgian delicacies. So, every morning when I have my fruit smoothie for breakfast I tell myself that it's all worth it in order for me not to look like Demmis Roussos. Never really thought that a moo moo was my thing... (How scary is it that I even know who Demmis Roussos is...)

Back to the subject at hand - In the last two months I've lost a total of 8kg - meaning I look more like I should and not like you could throw me on my side, put lights on me and call me the Goodyear blimp... This was achieved by just eating sensibly and not doing my whole bit of eating when I'm depressed, sad, happy, elated, lonely, with company etc etc. Basically, using food as a crutch. And obviously (Well, not for me) exercise three times a week.

Feeling better, have more energy, looking better, sleeping better and working better!

That's all for now folks, hope y'all have a fruitful day!

TTFN

No comments: