No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Tuesday 16 October 2007

Today!

Since I've been 'really bad' at bloggin' lately, me thought me would try and at least put something in here today, even if it's completely silly and without substance! (How that is different from what I usually post I cannot explain, but just bear with me...)


Today was one of those days where I should have killed the alarm clock this morning and should have stayed in bed. One of my senior guys at the office came in this morning and gave me his resignation. Off to Iraq on a contract soon, and he feels this would challenge him no end. (Me thinks it's got something to do with the substantial pay package they offering him, but ok.) Kev was one of the guys I really relied on, and he's going to be missed greatly. Now the process of looking for a new guy starts, and you don't just find someone of his calibre behind every bush. Oh well, good luck and keep safe!


My dear hubby is also travelling this week (again!) and is also away from home. He travels a hell of a lot for work (away for three weeks in a month), and he's also really tired at the moment. We both are really. We've decided that instead of travelling to Namibia for our December break, we will be staying at home (Pretoria) and just chill. Cannot tell y'all how much I'm looking forward to this. Besides, Jason will be happy as he won't have to visit Grandma (read: My mom) for three weeks. As it is between the two of us never being at home, he basically lives at Grandma's, and seems ever so reluctant to leave when he's picked up. I know my mom spoils him rotten, and he get's to sleep in my parents bed instead of his basket on the floor where he should be sleeping. Well at least my mother gets to spend time with her 'grandchild', and he gets to spend time with my mom's bunch of girls! (Three daschund bitches - 16 years young, 12 years old and Peanut - the youngest little ball of love and terror!)
Ok, been rambling on but better get home now.
Hope y'all have a fruitful evening!
TTFN

1 comment:

My adventures said...

cute puppy!! i'm sure he'll be thrilled to have you both home for the holiday!!!