No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 15 October 2007

Weekend/Rugby/Home/Hubby!

The weekend was spent with little else in mind than the fact that my trip to SA for the end of this week had to be cancelled due to urgent work that needs to take place here in Nairobi, meaning that it will be another few weeks before I get to see my man again. I cannot tell y'all how dissapointed I am. And telling him on Friday night over the phone was worse... We both miss each other so much it hurts, and then this. Really don't know how much longer I can stand not being with him all the time. He is such a pillar in my life, keeping everything in balance. It just feels pretty crappy to be away from 'home' at the moment. Also does not help that I'm tired and a little overworked at the mo...



Otherwise, I spent some time this weekend catching the world cup rugby semi finals between France and England, and South Africa and Argentina. I must be completly honest, rugby is not my favourite sport (Cricket is!) but I do love to watch 'my boys' play. And did they play! It was not the 'prettiest' rugby match I've ever seen, but the guys really did use every oppertunity given them by Argentina. Now for the weekend and the final!



Will be planning a trip to SA for a weekend soon. This weekend and next will not be possible, but maybe I can fly down for the weekend after that, even if it's only for Saturday and Sunday. Really just need to be close to my man for a bit. After all, it's only a four hour flight. (Plus an hour in traffic to the airport in Nairobi, plus two hours for check in, plus an hour in Johannesburg to get trought passport control, plus an hour in traffic to Pretoria...)

Hope y'all have a fruitful day, filled with love.

TTFN

2 comments:

My adventures said...

that's too bad you can't get home sooner... and wow, what a schlepp it is go get there... can he come up to visit you?

Billy said...

He would love to come up here, but his work keeps him so busy at the moment, just not possible really.

The schlepp is completely worth it! I will travel for weeks just to spend five minutes with my wonderful man!