No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 6 February 2008

I'm leaving on a Jet Plane...

Every time I post about my travels, I start thinking about some old song my parents use to play in the car when I was but a tiny tot... (Minds out the gutters boys!) My folks love music, and to this day you would walk into their house with the 'radio playing some old forgotton song' (another old song, me thinks). I, on the other hand, tend to listen to classical, jazz or opera quite a bit... Think I'm a bit of a romantic.

Back to the subject in hand (pun intended!). On my way to SA again on Friday, and will be away from 'second home' for about three weeks. Going to spend some time in Pretoria while working in Jozie, and then to Cape Town for a few days to complete a report I need to hand in at the end of the month. Boy, how I love writing reports. It's up there with having hot pokers (clean thoughts only please!) shoved at me...

Well, at least I get to spend the weekends with the hubby! As we are moving into our new home soon I'm sure the weekends will be spent organizing and packing, but at least we will be together. There is still a lot to do at the new home - aircon's need to be installed, solar panels for the geysers, power inverters, garage door openers, electrical layout for the garden features, outside lighting, deck in the front garden, gazebo nad paving in the back garden... It goes without saying that the 'savings account' is in trouble! Oh well, we're not planning to move from there very quickly, so might as well make the home as comfortable as possible.

Long story short, as I'll be travelling, will not post as regularly, so y'all have a pretty few weeks, and be good now! (Or at least, be good at it!)

TTFN

4 comments:

My adventures said...

enjoy the time with the hubby!! sounds like lots of fun projects to do...

A Lewis said...

It will be a quiet time for us, won't it? Hehehehe. Safe travels all around.

Laurie said...

I wish you a safe trip to and home.

Blogger said...

There is a chance you're qualified for a new government solar energy program.
Find out if you are eligble now!