No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Friday 1 February 2008

Weekend ahead.


As the weekend looms ahead of us a whole truckload of thoughts are running trought my little head. My dad has always reffered to me as the 'last great warrior' - and he does not mean that I'm all brave and willing to fight a cause, but that I worry too much about things... Bless him. But it's true, I do worry about stuff and tend to analise something to death, working out all the little cenarios in my head and wondering if my course of action (usually taken too quickly) was the right one.


Anyhoo, as per usual I started typing something and my thought process is a little all over the place... I wanted to write about how I'm looking forward to spending the weekend quitely at home, and how I'll be varnishing the outside table before the rainy season starts, and how I'll go to the rental store and rent a whole bunch op pirated DVD's for the weekend (Hey, pirated is the only kind you get here in East Africa, OK!) but instead my thoughts wonder off to my real home and my hubby and how wonderful it would have been to spend some time with him and our children.

How I miss my man...

Oh well, I will keep myself busy with all sorts of little chores around the house as it's not really safe to travel around at the moment. Can go to places like the Masai Mara (for free at the moment for local residents), can go to Mombasa (Can spend a week in Kilifi at the moment for US$250 including all meals and accomodation), but I will sit at home and feel sorry for myself! Maybe some of my bloggin' buddies would like to take this oppertunity to travel to East Africa as it is DIRT CHEAP now! (Hint Hint!)

Hope y'all have a fruitful weekend - safe and filled with sunshine and happiness!

TTFN

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

You know full well that I'd love to visit you.....
And is that your little poochy? What a cutie!

My adventures said...

when's the rainy season start?