No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Thursday 31 January 2008

A new day.

My thoughts remain with the situation in the country, but I refuse to have this dictate how I live any longer. I choose to have a positive outlook on life, always, and I now exercise my right to that positive outlook!

I have a choice to 'get out of here' and go 'home' to my loved ones, but what kind of message will that send to all the people that play a part in my life here? No, I choose to stay here and 'grin and bear' it with them. Not because I'm such a brave little camper (mind out the gutter boys!), but because I will not allow idiots and fools to rule my life!

Back to business for me!

Hope y'all have a fruitful, smiling, happy happy day!

TTFN

3 comments:

My adventures said...

good for you!!! and good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

good to see you put a brave face ... things are gonna turn well soon and am not really worried ... and another case of good luck ... my two sisters have called and confirmed their properties are still intact ... they are still not sure about going back to work at their respective banks inasmuch as their colleagues are saying their is relative calm ... i hope they seek for transfers elsewhere, probably nairobi ... coz relative calm is never a synonym for peace

my big concern at the moment is for the farmers in rift valley ... the rains are almost starting and they have to plant their maize,sugar, vegetables, wheat, cash crops etc...and transport, both rail and road, as well as major towns be safe enough for fertiliser, seeds and whatever else be delivered to them

agriculture is the backbone of the country and it would be peril for us all if it is affected ...

am sure though that things will not be that bad ... and calm will reach us all soon ... rich, poor and the undecided

God bless Kenya!

A Lewis said...

Keeping one's eye on the plow, and at the business at hand, is good. Centering. Balance. Perspective. Hard to come by, but essential to the long-term success of each of our lives.