No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 23 January 2008

Work is driving me nuts!

Life has a strange way of 'happening' to you, if you're not in control of your own destiny... Now, I say this with a certain amount of trepidation, as most people believe that destiny is something that happens to us, instead of each one of us being in control ourselves. Your destiny is what you decide it should be, whether that is a conscious decision or not. My life is a case in point, but that is a discussion that needs to take place over a very large plate of tappas and numerous bottles of good red wine...

As per usual, my thoughts on what I want to say, are a little all over the place, but the main thing that's bugging me at the moment, is that I do not feel in control of my destiny at the moment. I'm at the mercy of other people, people I do not necessarily trust to make the best decisions for me. The new financial year is currently being planned and laid out, and as there is a global recession looming (Thank you, Mr Bush) there is a bit of a knee yerk reaction from the 'bosses' in Cape Town. As usual, I have a rosy outlook on life (has always served me well!) and also on what should happen with the business - how it should expand, how it should be run (people orientated, not profit orientated), what should be done and what should be dropped. Obviously, they do not agree with me... Maybe I do not have the big picture in front of me, but surely I have some 'on the ground experience' that is worth something?

Sorry, just feeling a little 'dejected' at the moment... Will snap out of it soon.

Hope y'all have a really pretty day now!

TTFN

2 comments:

My adventures said...

i've always believed that we're in charge of our own destiny and life sometimes gets in the way!!! ha!! i'd like to have that discussion and perhaps we could do it this year!! post divorce, i'm planning a trip around the world... we'll see how that goes... every single aspect of my life is about to change and all i can see in front of me are possibilities!!! don't feel so dejected, does it really mean that much in the long run??? and if it does, FIGHT for it!!!

Java said...

As Edna Mode (from the Pixar film The Incredibles) says, "Luck favors the prepared, dahhling."

I think that mostly we determine our own destiny by the decisions we make, as you said whether we realize it or not. However, there is an element of chance or something like it that can move one's life in a different direction. But then it's back to our choices. How are we going to respond? What sort of response is worth the trouble, what isn't?
Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's good to meet you. I'm curious about the Africa thing. Are you native to Africa or were you born elsewhere in the world?
Hope things change for your good and you can realize it! Take care.