No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 9 January 2008

Back in Nairobi, back on-line...

Lets first scream it from the rooftops - HAPPY NEWYEAR to all! Hope that 2008 will bring a time for dreams to come true, love to be abundant and happiness to prevail always!


Then, to all of the people that have enquired about my safety in light of the events after the general elections in Kenya, I'm fine, thank you! It is still a bit tense in Nairobi, but in general I feel safe and secure. My heart does go out to all the people affected by this tragedy thought, and my sincerest condolences to those who lost loved ones in the senseless and stupid violence! Lets hope that the politicians come to their senses soon...


My holiday was phenomenal, but I feel this is not the right time to talk about this. Too much happening right now to keep my mind occupied - and the need to visit all my 'bloggin' friends to see what's going on in the world.


Will share one little thing thought - Dawie and I have become parents again! Her name is Jessica (Jess for short) and she is a pocket Yorkshire Terrier! She has the heart of a lion, and Jason (our 7 year old boy) has grown to love her too - although id did take him a few days... She weighed a full 400 grams when we got her (at eight weeks old), but she's now (four weeks later) touching 600 grams, and healthy and fit! Her estimated size will be aprox. 1.1 to 1.2 kg when she is fully grown... Is she not the cutest thing!!!!
Well, got a ton of email to respond to, and get back to work at some stage.
Hope y'all are well and happy!
TTFN

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Welcome home! Yeah, I've been
watching the news and been worried
sick about what is going on there.
I can't watch it anymore.

Your little girl is BEAUTIFUL! So
tee-tiny! I bet she gets what she
wants. Little Daddys girl.

A Lewis said...

Yup, definitely been thinking about you boys with all of the unrest. Very very sad, indeed. And I love your new family member! i think a trip to Nairobi is in order to welcome her appropriately.