No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Thursday 22 May 2008

In just over a week...



My heart is heavy at the moment for a number of reasons. Firstly, I had a really nice dinner with some friends last night - he's a 'Souf Efrikan' and she is a Kenyan indian. They are such lovely people and made me feel so welcome - she even made the food less spicy just for me as I cannot really handle too much chili in my food - like it, but it does not like me too much of late...



This is the kind of kindness and hospitality I'm really going to miss. Not getting invited to dinner or going to a fancy restaurant with friends and acquaintances - no, I'm going to miss the 'local culture' of Karibu Sana - you are welcome. Nothing is ever too much trouble or 'not my job'. In most cases you get greeted with a friendly smile and a warm handshake - real, honest 'honesty'.



In just over a week I'll be getting on a plane for the last time as a resident of Kenya. It will not be the last time I'm in the country - no, I'll be visiting frequently, but it is a sad day to look forward to...



What I won't miss is not being with my hubby though!



Have a pretty day now y'all!



TTFN

Ps: And now EVERYBODY can see which words I cannot spell 'cause spellchecker is highlightin' them all pretty like in yello!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you come back. Who's gonna make you nyama choma as well as they do it here?? ( unless you're vegetarian)

But at least you'll still be on blogosphere.

A Lewis said...

There's no glory without risk. Be a pioneer! Be a trendsetter! Face the future with all of the guts you have. I have a feeling good things are in store for you.