No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 28 May 2008

Packing...

Sitting here with my 'infinitely slow' internet connection at home unable to really access ANYBODY's blog's or to really see what's going on in the world. From this telephone, little packets of data are carried over 200 sea miles to the closest 'real' internet connection by tiny little men in blue overall's with Kenya Telkom signs on their backs... At least they are all well built... (I have such a warped imagination!)

Anyhoo, sending this post via Email so hoping it will arrive.

House full of people packing stuff and making sure my good go on a ship next week. Really sad at the moment, but such is life.

Dawie's in the hospital (again) for some further tests so I've made my flight back earlier - need to be by his side. They must just finish this packing thing now.

Hope y'all are really well!

Will catch up when I have decent (read broadband) connection at 'home' in Pretoria.


TTFN

6 comments:

Laurie said...

UGH!! This is so fustrating! I wish
I was there to help take care of
things! I hate not being able to
get in the car and help.

Give Dawie a big hug for me.


HUGS!!!!! To the both of you!

A Lewis said...

Oh, don't you just wish for proximity that would allow all of us who read your blog to come over, help pack, and put your angst all to rest. My best to you and Dawie.

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage mate. I'll be keeping several Tuskers on ice for you when you come visiting.
Hope Dawie gets better soon.

My adventures said...

Tests tests tests!! he must be fed up and ready for you to be by his side!! lucky him and you!! i hope he's doing better and you can always come back and visit, right?

Diederick said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-RYmGbrxk8U

They'll give you broadban :)

Java said...

I hope things are settling in. How are you? How is Dawie?