No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 5 May 2008

Lake Baringo...


Spent some time this weekend at the stunning 'Camp Island' as we called it, or Island Camp as it is really known... Was a bit of Freudian Slip the first time it was said and it stuck around for the rest of the weekend. Well, long weekend really, we arrived on Thursday and only got back to the city on Sunday afternoon. It was truly worth every shilling... You have no choice but to relax and just let the time fly by - you're on an island in the middle of a croc invested lake, so what you gonna do - swim across?


The first pic is where we are crossing the equator by road...



I'll post a few pictures here today - no real time to write a whole story with it, but it will come!












On the boat on the way to the Island. It was a stunningly hot dry day!













Sunrise the next morning over the lake - taken from the veranda of my tent on the edge of the water. Boy, life is Africa is hell! Hell I tell you!









Sunset over the lake. Taken from 'skull island' as we referred to it. The island in your sight is where we stayed. Went for a sundowner cruise to another island...













Skull island taken from the restaurant side.













Just for interest sake, the owner of the lodge on the island is a lovely fellow that is quite the host - he's always got a quick joke and time to talk to his guests. He is also, very gay friendly for those gay folks looking for a spot to travel to that does not 'frown' upon two men sharing a double bed. (Not that my Dawie was there, but I discussed this with him...)


I'm out to my friends and they in turn outed me to him - not that I'm worried about that - he seemed very friendly. Even made a joke when we were checking out that he should post his lodge in the Pink Pages as 'Camp Island' and he (in a very serious note) told me about Gay tourism in other parts of the world, and how much we (the rainbow folks) could mean to a business - as if I don't know, but it was very sweet...


Some more pictures!




Am I the only one to see the 'phallic image' with this Eclair... Maybe I've just been away from the hubby for too long!
More sunset pic's.
Quite the unique picture taken by a friend. And a bit of a pun for the local brew, of which we consumed copious amounts. It was REALLY REALLY HOT, alright!
That all for now folks. Hope y'all have a really pretty day now!
TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tusker!!!!! now you've made me thirsty and its only 11:00 am.

Camp Island! LOL.

The photos look really really great! Glad you enjoyed yourself- phallic images and all.

Laurie said...

I should have scrolled down more.
These are some sweet pictures! I
love water.
Umm, the eclair....lucky.....

HUGS!!