No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 5 September 2007

A few pictures!





I feel really 'uncreative' today, so, going to bore y'all with a few more pictures from my part of the world! I cannot always remember what I've posted before (It's called STML - Short Term Memory Loss), so if this is a rehash - sorry!



Mombasa Old city - you can walk for hours trought narrow little streets shopping in what seems to be little shops that come from the begining of the century. Loverly antiques!










This was just such a 'pretty' picture. We went on a Dhow trip around Kilifi creek for a 'sunset booze cruise' - it was friggin' hot, but the G&T's where cold, and they were plenty!





















My parents - bless them, have a cottage next to the Kruger National Park in SA, and this is the view of the Crocodile River. We as a family (Me, Hubby, my sisters and their 'better halves' and my folks) are planning a nice break here soon. It is such a blessing that my hubby is so well integrated into my extended family... (Even when I'm not home, he gets invited to the family dinners and get togethers!)













This is Sun City in SA, overlooking the golf course and stunning landscaped gardens. We've spent many a weekend here as a 'mini break' from the madness of the city. Not really into gambling the two of us, but we do enjoy sitting together at the 2 cent machines and screaming with glee if we win something... We can occupy ourselves for hours with R20 (US$3)....



Well, I've once again ran out of time, so that's all folks!
Hope y'all have a really pretty evening now!
TTFN

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

A beautiful, tempting, amazing world away from here. You've reminded me that I need to break out my Kenya pictures and get them posted soon.

Rey Rey said...

Those pics are beautiful... I've always wanted to go to Africa but I always seem to get sidetracked and end up in London for holday.