No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Tuesday 18 September 2007

Me bad!


Been really 'lazy' the last while with posting and blogging - with communication in general really. No, let's be completely honest, have been so busy at work, that I just could not face plugging in the laptop at the end of the day, and logging on from home... That, and all my creative 'juices' were sapped by writing board reports and going trough piles and piles of financial reports. (Mental note to self - in my next life, I do NOT wanna study anything to do with finances...)


Right, so what's been happening here? Endless rain, completely mixed up weather, lots and lots of work, and very little else really. Estelle - a really dear friend, has been going trough a personnel crises, and I've tried to assist her as far as I can, but sometimes feel a little ill equipped for that purpose. I grew up, after all, in a house - although loving and caring, where the general feeling was always - deal with it! I've always tried to be a compassionate and caring person, and me thinks I achieve this most of the time, but not always.


Dawie is traveling a lot for work at the moment, and out of the last month or so, he's spent only one week at home, so he is also tired and basically at the end of his tether. That little break we took a while ago just feels so much like it never happened, and I think we both deserve a longer, and more substantial break soon. Planning to tour trough Namibia in December, so really looking forward to that at the moment. Not sure exactly how yet, but we will be driving from Pretoria to Windhoek via Upington and Keetmanshoop - a round trip of about 5/6000km. Lots of time together, and lots of time just to be... Amazing part of Africa Namibia is, such stunning scenery and contrast, and so sparsely populated, that you can go miles before spotting another living thing.


Will for now focus on our holiday plans for December, all that keeps me going at the moment. Also need to go 'down South' for a weekend soon, miss my Dawie and miss just being with him BIG TIME!


Oh well, all for now, really not too creative at the mo - so sorry for boring y'all to death!


Have a fruitful day now!


TTFN

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

Listen here, bad boys get in trouble, you know. I love it how you always end with "have a fruitful day now".....and I ususally do!

A Bear in the Woods said...

Reentry after vacation is usually exhausting.
I hope you guys have a magnificent time together in Namibia.