No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 10 September 2007

Life, love, history and all that jazz...

I met my dearest hubby at a barn dance (keep your chuckling for yourself you utter cow!) a few years ago. What has happened since then is a whole mixed bag of joy, sorrow, laughter, tears, silliness, seriousness, good times, bad times - but mostly love.

The one thing that keeps me so devoted to my Dawie, is love. Here is a man that can cheer me up with one word, can make me smile with a look, can read my moods better than any other person on earth, and knows, just knows, where to place his hand while we are sleeping to reassure me he is there...

At one stage our relationship went trough a really rough patch - in fact, it nearly came to an end, but trought love - and heaps of understanding from this wonderful man, we were back on track, and even more secure in each other and in our relationship. He is truly my whole world!

Now that, due to my career, we live apart I miss him every day. I miss that early morning coffee together. I miss the way he lies with his head on my shoulder when we watch tv. I miss his dry sense of humour. I miss the way he makes loving blond jokes when I do something stupid. I miss the way he would come and sit in the bathroom and talk to me when I'm taking a bath. I miss the special way he makes sure everything is just so perfect for me and my neurotic little obsessions with neatness and order. I miss the way he cuddles up to me in the morning when the alarm goes off, and with a raspy whisper says - 'just a few more minutes sweetie'...

I love him so.

It hurts to be apart.

1 comment:

A Bear in the Woods said...

Even though you're apart for now, I'm so happy for you that you have someone in your life that you "fit" with so perfectly.