No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 14 November 2007

Life is funny...

I've been in two minds for quite some time now about my 'role' in Kenya, and whether this is the best thing for my relationship, my career and my life in general. Yes, hubby and I discussed the move at lenght, but there is this constant 'niggle' in the back of my mind about what this is doing to us, and whether my career was really advanced by this move, but I digress...

On Friday last week, the CEO was in the country and came into my office to speak to me. He asked me whether I would be interested in a new project that was started in Cape Town, and would I be willing to move to Cape Town to run this project for the Africa division of the business. We spoke at lenght about what it would involve and to be honest, I'm very interested. He even asked me whether my partner (hubby) would be willing to relocate to Cape Town in order for us to be together - they would endeavour to offer him employment in another division of the company... (Sound a bit like nepotism, but this would be offered to any 'straight' couple that would need to relocate to another part of the country/world.) I'm gob smacked. As all these 'concerns' are running trough my mind, this comes along...

Well, my response was that yes, I would be interested, yes, I would need to discuss relocation with hubby, yes, they should make me an offer and we can start negotiating, and yes, I would not mind all the travel involved, as long as it does not exceed certain pre-set limits...

Wow, don't really know about how this happened, just glad it did! I'll be very sad to leave Nairobi, but will still visit here quite often, so altogether not a bad thing. And, to be honest, there are worst places to live than Cape Town...

Hope y'all have your dreams come true today!

TTFN

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

Don't you just love being a YES person. YES to every single opportunity that comes your way! Excellent possible news, my friend. Now, what in the hell does "COB SMACKED" mean?

A Bear in the Woods said...

I hope it works out for you and your guy to be together.