No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 28 November 2007

Wandering mind...

It was one of those nights were sleep evaded me for a few hours, and every single magazine/book in the house has had a paging trough, so there I lay... As is the norm in a situation like this, the mind starts taking a little stroll. Lying there, listening to the sounds from the forest next to the house - boy I'm going to miss this when I move to Cape Town, the friendly neighbours not so friendly dog barking - the thought of poisoning this bugger came to mind quickly dispelled by my better judgement (I am an animal lover, after all!), and then my thoughts drifted to Dawie...


Here is a man that, for the last few years, has taken my life over completely. Now, some might say this is a bad thing, but I believe it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He is both grounded and a dreamer, both giving and selfish (about our time together, our shared experiences, our life), both whimsical and totally predictable. But, trough all this he is a pillar. A pillar of strenght and security, of love and devotion, of utter dedication to me and to us. What more could I possibly ask for?
Well, all I can ask for is to be blessed with more years together, more time, more laughter and even some tears (yes, they make up a part of any relationship). Thank you my sweet, sweet man for being exactly who you are.
TTFN
Ps: 13 Days and counting towards a WHOLE MONTH of us time! Cannot wait!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

So romantic...why can't straight
guys be that way? *sigh*

A Lewis said...

See what a wandering mind can bring! Good time. Great memories. Do you have any naked shots? Hehehehe

Billy said...

Ah shucks Laurie, thanks, but it just comes naturally to me...

As for you Lewis - NO! (PS - Will send naked shots privately... KIDDING!)