No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Thursday 29 November 2007

Looking back at 2007.

It's nearly the end of the year, and as most (well, some at least...) of us do, we make New Years resolutions that are broken within the first few hours of the new year. I, however, do not have new year's resolutions, but goals for a new year. And now is the time to look back and see how I've done...



1. Love my hubby even more - Impossible not to do, so check! He makes every day worth living.



2. Go to at least 5 new interesting places I've never been - check! (Kilifi, Lamu Island, Dar-es-Salaam, Kampala & Watamu plus lots more, but it becomes long winded.)



3. Quit smoking - Mmmm, not so much check... But at least I've cut down dramatically...



4. Lose the tube - Ongoing check - lost a total of 9kg and 6 inches around the waist already and still going strong. Looking and feeling a LOT better.



5. Don't lose my temper so badly - Sort-of check. I think I've matured a lot this year, but still lose my rag a little sometimes.



6. Get fit - Check! Hitting the gym-thing three times a week, every week. Can feel it in my energy levels and also in my lower back that use to give me hell, but its no longer painful all the time. (Maybe the acupuncture helped here too.) No six pack yet (Don't think it will ever be) but at least a flat-ish stomach, and I don't drag over my own tracks in the sand with my droopy arse anymore...



7. Grow my career - Big time check! I feel that this year I really achieved a lot, and it has meant a lot for my career growth as well as my personal satisfaction achieved! I've learnt a lot about stuff I've never done before, I've spent time with some of the most dedicated people in their respective fields, and also shared so much knowledge with my staff.



8. Have fun - Another big time check! Had some real fun with my staff - it's a laughing office, and had real fun away from the office. Learnt how to drive a four wheel drive trough mud and went 'playing' quite a few time.



9. Get over my irrational fear of spiders - Miserable failure... Never will get over this one. I still scream like a girl if there's a spider within 400 nautical miles.



10. Love and live more - Big time check! This has been such an honest year for me. Disappointments, yes a few, but mostly I can say that I've really lived.

Now it's time to set my goals for next year. It get more challenging every year...

Hope y'all have had your dreams come true!

TTFN

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

Oh, great, thanks for reminding me that I still need to (continued to) work on my anger management, my trips to the gym (nonexistent)....and, of course, keep on loving you know who.