No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Thursday 1 November 2007

Random thoughts and stuff.

A while ago, I did a post on a bit of my personal history as it makes us what we are, and also what we will become in life. Why start with this? Don't know - as usual, just sitting her typing away trying to make sense of it all... That is where and why I started this blog.

This is a forum that I can share stuff 'without' having to worry about people getting hurt or feeling as if we stab them in the back (and in the process getting it of my own backs) - but it also comes with some responsibility... There is so much 'out there' on the net that can be harmful or bad, but also so much that is good and worth reading/looking at. The bad stuff is unavoidable to an extent - people will always use a public forum to promote their own sick/warped ideas, but the good stuff - that is what makes the blogosphere so worth it. I've made some 'friends' here, people I do not know at all (in person, I mean), but people that have a place in my life. People that will - even if I never meet them, always be part of a time in my life that was both exciting and terrible.

I've been contemplating my 'career move' to Kenya for a while now, and I'm wondering whether this is worth the effort and time spent away from loved ones. (Well, basically, one specific loved one...) The experience has been invaluable, but I'm just wondering in the back of my mind what I've missed. It's been two years now that I've been away from home, and as much as hubby and I chat/text/skype/call etc etc, I still need that contact with him. He is such a wonderful and giving person, but how do you give of yourself over the Internet or a phone? Yes, we discussed this move at lenght before the time, but in hindsight I'm no longer so sure... Just seem so removed at the moment.

My goodness, just reread this post and it is a bit all over the place.

Hope y'all have a fruitful day now.

TTFN

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

You're right, it sounds like you have quite a few varied thoughts and emotions running in both your head and your heart. Make a "priority list." Write it down. List your top five most important "things" in your life, in order of importance. And make sure you're getting them. It helps to see it in black and white. Two years is a long time to float back and forth....but it can definitely be done. Plenty ofpeople do it for many many years. But it doesn't sound all that fun to me. Thinking about you....

A Bear in the Woods said...

Some people are suited for long range relationships, like Dashiell Hammett and Lillian Hellman.
Some aren't.
It does sound like it's difficult, sometimes.
I hate the feeling of missing a loved one.

My adventures said...

you'll know what's right when the time comes, go with your heart!!