No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Friday 16 November 2007

My life as I see it.

Sitting here with Depeche Mode playing on the old iPod-thingy - in fact, song is 'Try Walking in my shoes', so feeling all philosophical and deep. I've been on this earth for close on 39 years, had my share of happiness, sadness, stupidity and moments of pure brilliance (a.k.a pure luck!), and all the current 'fluctuations' in my life has made me think of how truly wonderfully rich I am.


Yes, I am rich beyond measure, but not in the way that people usually use the word. I am rich in that I have somebody in my life that truly loves me for who I am, and not what I can provide. I am rich with a family that loves me dearly, and loves my partner for who he is. I am rich with a group of friends all over the world that will walk in my shoes, as much as I will walk in theirs. I am rich not because I have a bank balance that is in the black, but because of people around me - both physically and emotionally.
I might be as queer as a three dollar bill, but my life is as straight as a US Republican. (No wait, that does not work at all...)
I hope you all have a stinking rich weekend!
TTFN

1 comment:

StePHen said...

beautifully written and so great that you have come into your own happiness :) wishin u another 39 years of it