No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 5 March 2008

Back in Nairobi.

Firstly, let me apologise to my regular visitors for the total lack of dedication to my little 'blog' for the last while. It's just been so crazy busy at work, and with all the planning going into the new home. Dawie and I are both tired and irritated with this whole process - think we should plan a nice little break together in the winter over my birthday. Maybe that nice wooden log cabin we went to last year... Anyway, I digress.

I'm back in Nairobi for a while - well, to be honest, just over two weeks and then it's down to Pretoria again. We're moving into our new home over the Easter Weekend, and I cannot let my poor hubby do this all on his own. There is still so much to organize and plan, and I feel that I'm not 'pulling my weight' in this whole affair at the moment - being stuck so far away from 'home'. It's not like I don't want to be involved, it's just rather difficult with bad telephone connections, not being able to visit the site (for obvious reasons) and having to try and explain to builders and contractors telephonically what it is they need to do. It also does not help that both hubby and I are absolute perfectionists and pretty 'anal' about getting things done right first time. (And then there is the little matter of having expensive taste without actually having the means for said taste.)

We've decided to have all the things we want to have done to our home done BEFORE we move in to prevent contractors having to come do the work after all our 'stuff' is in the house. This has proved to be a nightmare... Have you ever tried to get an airconditioning technician to see the 'estectic feng shui way' of installing an airconditioner in a house? Or a blinds guy to see the difference in polished oak and non-polished oak? (Trust me, the difference in colour is DRAMATIC! Non- polished oak just does not go with arabian sunset paint on the walls.) *We are SOOOO gay!*

That aside, all is well and being with my hubby for three weeks was phenomenal. It just once again confirmed to me how wonderful he is, and how great our relationship is. He truly is my best buddy, my ultimate lover and just all round 'better than sliced cheese' guy. We don't always agree on everything - I'm a very clean lines guy, he's more the dramatic over-the-top decorator, but we always come to a mutually found place, without one feeling like he's been cheated out of something. That is special.

Well, been trying all morning to get this out, so better stop typing and get back to work.

Hope y'all have a really pretty day now!

TTFN

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

Always good to hear from you! Wishing you the best during this horribly busy time for you guys.

Laurie said...

I'm just glad y'all are ok and you
got to send time with Dawie.
Enjoy your new home and may it be
Fung Shuied just right!