No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Thursday 13 March 2008

Working my little 'tuchas' off...

I've been staring at this screen for the last few hours without lifting my fine petite little head, and my manicure is ruined, ruined I tell you from all the typing being done. Who knew you could 'polish' the front of your fingers by typing at the speed of sound?

It's report time and with me flying to Jozie tomorrow, I need to make sure that everything is done and dusted by the end of the day. Not a lot of fun, but such is life... This is, after all, why they pay me the little money! (Big smile across face a I see the South African Rand weakening dramatically against the US Dollar.)

D and I spoke for about 40 minutes last night and then got rudely dropped by the cellular provider. We are both so excited about the new place and moving and all the new toys we bought that we're like two naughty boys. Correction - we're always like two naughty boys, now just a little more excitable! I also miss my children and would love to roll around on the floor with them when I get 'home' tomorrow evening. Jessie has grown quite a bit and is now a young teenager with too much energy and a will so strong she should be able to move mountains. Jason, lying with his 'mommy' in this particular photo, is his usual casual self that gets phased by absolutely nothing. An A bomb could explode next to him and he would just twitch and ear and give a cursory single bark. That's him - the ice queen! (Yes, he's gay like his two daddy's, not interested in the opposite sex but gives a mean 'ride' to a fellow male dog.) Miss my children...

As for the rest of my life, well much of a muchness. Work, some work, sometimes I work and then other times I get some work done. So, basically - work.

Not going to make much effort with Email and such while I'm gone so going to be quiter than usual for the next 1o days. Hope y'all have a festive and happy Easter Weekend and spend it with the one you love. I know I will...

TTFN

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

Home is, indeed, a delicious place to be. I wish you a happy Easter time too. With those DARLING children of yours. I have absolutely fallen in love with Mason in the last month. I didn't know I had it in me!

Laurie said...

I know it is good to get home.
So, Jason is a top. I got a
black lab that is a bottom.

Wishing you a safe trip home and
take it easy!

HUGS!