No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Friday 7 March 2008

What has transpired this week.

Well, the foreman has a hissy fit 'cause Dawie 'let loose' on him, most of the contractors have done what they were supposed to do, except for two who got it from me this morning, I've booked my flight down to Joburg for next week Friday in order to help with the physical move, the moving company has been booked and is ready to do the 'enormous' task of moving our stuff a full ten blocks, and I had a sleepless night due to my little brain not being able to 'switch off''.

It is said that moving house is one of the most stressful events to take place in one's life, but all my previous moves have seem to be a lot smoother than this one. I think it's because I've always decided that what does not get done can be done after the move itself, but this time I really don't want a whole bunch of people 'traipsing' trough our home after we are in. It just feels like such an invasion of privacy, and with age comes a whole new level of privacy. Also, Dawie and I have agreed that this is our last move - the next one is to the funeral parlour. (Well, except if we win the lottery - which we never play - and can move to Monte Carlo for the rest of our lives.) This house has everything we've always wanted and we are not 'making do' with anything this time around. Yes folks, we have become that 'couple of a certain age'. Comfortable shoes, the whole lot...

After all, our pleasure of life is the most important thing, right? We work hard so we deserve a nice place to life.

This weekend I will spend quietly at home in Nairobi - have a few movies I want to catch up on on the PVR, and will go for breakfast with E on Sunday. D will however be working his cute bottom off at home, although I have told him to relax and leave it for next week - sure he won't, know him too well.

Time for me to get going - hope y'all have a purdy weekend now, and be good!

TTFN

Ps: It was Gay Pride weekend in Cape Town this last weekend. A few pictures can be viewed...

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

The funeral parlour? You planning on going sooner or later? Not, like, this weekend?

Laurie said...

Wish I was there to help take some
of the stress off you and Dawie.
I give you both BIG hugs!