No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Thursday 27 March 2008

An update.


The first batch of results came back yesterday and it all seems very positive. I'm so glad! You see, Dawie does a lot of his work is rural Kwazulu Natal and there are all sorts of creepy crawlies that do the rounds there, so we were a little worried that he might have contracted something strange and tropical while working there. At least that's been eliminated and now we're waiting for the final tests to come back later today. The doc seems very positive that she will be able to sort something out for him. (We trusts her, she's been our GP for some time now and she's a real honey!)
She has prescribed the first batch of medication to sort out the irritable bowl syndrome that was most likely brought on by Dawie's diabetes, so he's feeling a lot better. Why is it that somebody like myself that does not really look after himself (Eat whatever I like, drink a little too much on occasion, smokes - me bad!, virtually no exercise) you will have to beat to death with a two by four one day, and then somebody that looks after him/herself has all these medical issues? Oh well, such is life...
The long and short of it is that I need to get back to SA permanently so that I can make sure that my love is well looked after. I can do the whole low GI thing with our food (can afford to lose a few pounds myself!), ensure that he takes his medication on time, keep his blood sugar levels as level as possible without insulin and just in general support him. So, the discussions are on. I will be transferring back to SA as soon as possible. Will miss this wonderful country and it people, but my priority now lies with the love of my life. He is after all the most important thing in my life...
Just a bit of an update, hope y'all have a pretty day now!
TTFN

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

Holy Smokes! I've only been gone from the blogosphere for a few days and discover that you're having trouble. I'm so sorry to hear it. I'm sending you good wishes, prayers, and thoughts. And, hey, those blue eyes are to kill for! Yummy.

Laurie said...

I'm so glad it isn't anything work
related. That is a big relief to
me too. I prayed every night for
all to be alright.
He is more important than anything.
He's a beautiful man.
Give him a hug for me!

HUGS!!!


(damn, he has some eyes!)

My adventures said...

As it should be! And you have no idea how important that is to someone who's not well!! I know, I never got that kind of support!! It would have meant the world!!