No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Tuesday 25 March 2008

The new house, my family and my love.

Back in Nairobi and trying to clean out my inbox - goodness, but some people just don't get it when you leave an out of office response...

We moved into the new home last week and it's mostly sorted. One car still has to stand outside - an entire garage taken up by boxes and boxes of books/CD's/DVD's etc, but this will be sorted out soon. Still a few niggles with the house itself - the roof seems to leak in the one corner of the living area so that needs fixin' (It was cold and wet in Pretoria last week!), the additional cupboards in the kitchen are not finished yet (Factory could not deliver due to relentless rain), garden not done yet (Ditto rain), aircon in living area tripping the power (something got wet - rain...), and just small finishing with paintwork etc. Did not expect it to be perfect, but was a little disappointed with so many little things going wrong... Think I've said it before - I'm anal when it comes to planning, and when my plans don't work out exactly like I want it to, Mummy is not a happy camper. Oh well, at least we're in and we can start making this house a home.

Spent Sunday with my family - sisters, mom and dad and it was loverly as usual. Also involved a whole week's worth of food but that is usual as well. Dawie is not a big eater (wish I had his willpower) but the rest of us enjoy lots and lots of rich food - especially if the weather is cool. Nice to smooth over the winter bit with a bit of hot, spicy goulash... Flew back on yesterday's flight and crashed into bed by nine. Tonight I'm having dinner with a friend that's here from Dubai, and then the rest of the week will be spent just survivin'. Can't wait for the weekend...

Will give you a more detailed update when I have a bit more time. Dawie is not well at the moment and is undergoing tests today - feel really bad that I had to fly out, but we should know what's going on later this week and then treatment can start. He's such a sweet thing and tends to keep it to himself if he's not feeling well, but this time I could see that something is wrong and insisted that he go and see a doctor today. Glad he listened...

Hope y'all had a fab Easter Weekend and have a pretty day now!

TTFN

1 comment:

Laurie said...

So wish I was there to help. I know
it's so hard to get things just the
way you want them to be.

I wish I had Dawie's willpower too.
I could eat my weight in candy and
not think twice.

Keep me informed on Dawie. I send
my best.

Wishing Dawie well.

HUGS!!!!