No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Tuesday 10 March 2009

I'm baaaaaack!

Well, how times flies when you're having fun... It just seems like the few days spent with my family went by so quickly that I can hardly believe it's over already. Damn, now it's all the way to July before I can take some leave again. Well, except for a long weekend in April when we're going to God's Window to scatter Dawie's ashes - but that is a story for another day.

It was hot and humid in the Lowveld where we were and to be honest, we did not do a hell of a lot. As my family shows love by feeding you I obviously came home a 'little' (said very lightly - hee, hee) heavier. Mom's always believed that tears can be stopped with chocolate, happiness should be celebrated with a braai (BBQ), indiference should be overcome with a potato bake - basically any mood can be changed/celebrated/encouraged/discouraged by adding some home cooked goodness. This is the reason we used 3 different cars to transport 7 people to the destination, and one of them is a seven seater MPV/minivan that towed a luggage trailer! (I will post pictures of the packing when I download the camera...)

We spent a lot of time just talking and being together, a lot of time reading, and catching up on some well deserved afternoon naps. Also a lot of time next to the pool as it was hot and humid - but I've said that already. Long walks in the bush resulted in long dips in the pool followed by a little snack. Long games of Putt Putt (Mini Golf) resulted in long dips in the pool followed by a little snack. Long drives into the Game park resulted - I think you get the picture... And yes, you can turn me on my side, throw a few lights on me and call me the Goodyear Blimp!


Will post some pic's soon for y'all to see, but basically this is just a quick HELLO to all in Blogland! Missed y'all see!

TTFN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you could relax...

We're on spring break this next
week...I can't wait...Well...I can
for some of it...Like all the
appointments I have put off...

Gods Window...Oh that sounds so
beautiful...


TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Oh hooray, you had a great time. Sounds like the family took care of you and their love and Ma's food was just what you needed. Looking forward to the pics.

Tamaku said...

Hi Billy,

I love reading your blog, you make me laugh how you describe yourself goodyear blimp...lol! x