No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 23 March 2009

My trip 'back home'.

It's been a strange couple of days. Strange good and trange bad, but altogether mostly good. I'm tired as hell and really need a bit of a break (again!) but I'm really glad I stayed the extra night in Nairobi and spent some time with my friends - but regretting it this morning (I don't function too well with little to no sleep). Will make a point of getting to bed early tonight - just after Grey's.

Being in Nairobi again for the first time in nearly a year was weird. Being there for the first time since hubby passed was gut wrenching. Don't know why but I was 'uber' emotional this weekend, thank goodness for good friends that understand and support. Even had a little cry on the plane yesterday - I was consolled by the cute air steward who was serving business class... Bless him!

Seeing all my old staff members was great - they all miss me and want me to come back - makes me feel very special, bless them! As for all my old friend - stunning people. Wish I could see them more often. Also had the pleasure of eating at the new Osteria in Karen on Friday night - brilliant place and then a few (read too many!) drinks with friends at numerous pubs across the area. (Hence the tired feeling this morning!)

I have so many thought at the moment, having real trouble putting them down on 'paper' but will write. And will post, but in time.

Hope y'all are doin' fine!

TTFN

4 comments:

A Lewis said...

Some thoughts are best sorted out in the heart and mind....and not necessarily on paper.

Anonymous said...

Glad you managed to reconnect with old haunts and old friends.
And did you happen to notice the heat in Nairobi?! I think Global Warming's set up his/her headquarters in dear old Nairobi

Anonymous said...

You have been busy...

I agree that you need a holiday to
recover from your holiday...
Yeah...That's what I think....

Glad you're doing good :)

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!!!


Laurie

Anonymous said...

Nice to read that you had a good time in Nairobi. Now get some much needed sleep. Things become a bit clearer when you're rested.