No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 1 April 2009

April Fool.


Today would be the day that I would usually have gotten someone to call Dawie and try and fool him with some silly joke. Most of the time it did not really work, he was to bright for that but it was something we would share and laugh about later. I miss his sense of humour and razor sharp wit...


One year I got a friend of a friend to leave a message for him to call her back. She worked at a clinic that specializes in 'gender reassignment' surgery - sex changes. I had been complaining all week that my 'breast' hurt and were sensitive but could not tell him why. She told him that my appointment for the assessment would need to be moved as the doctor was ill - she then pretended to have called him in error. This one worked like a charm - for about a second. He called me at the office and asked me if there was anything that I needed to tell him. He promised me that he would understand but also stressed that a 'big built', six foot four man would not look good in a dress.

And, he said, my features were way too manly for me to go trough this type of operation... And then he said to me that this was probably the weakest of all my April fool's jokes ever! We screamed with laughter for quite some time after this.

I miss him...

Here's wishing you all good memories, lots of laughter on this day!

TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a hysterical memory! Good times.

Billy said...

He also reminded me that it would be 'rather difficult' to find size 12 Manolo Blahnik's... Clever little bugger!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was too funny! I love April fool jokes. Good memories.

am mdkims said...

he he he he

turns out was my birth day as well