No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Friday 3 April 2009

The weekend.

The video had me in tears. Well, most anything has me in tears at the moment - a moose farts in Alaska and I'm in tears, but this is really brave and true...

This weekend we're off to scatter Dawie's ashes in a place called God's Window. It was one of our favourite spots in the world. It's stunningly beautiful and the view is phenomenal. I think he would appove...

So, long story short - another chapter is done this weekend. This book of me and Dawie is starting to slowly but surely become a book of smiles and not just sorrow. Don't for one second think I'm not still sad A LOT of the time, but some of the sadness has been replaced with happy momories.

As for Saturday - I'm going to be a wreck but at least I'll be surrounded by people who love me and who loved him.

One more day passes...

TTFN

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I send you my love...I always do...

This video is wonderful! I'm in
total tears...

Be safe!

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

Anonymous said...

As with all things, you will get through this. I'm glad you'll be surrounded with love this weekend.
W

A Lewis said...

Oh boy, another day to never forget....I'll be thinking of you.....no, wait, I'll actually be ASLEEP here when you're out THERE for the day with friends. But I promise to think about you before and after I sleep!

As for the moose fart in Alaska... reminds me of living in Anchorage and having moose right outside our front door and back windows...but, for some reason, I don't remember the farting.

My adventures said...

Wow, what a beautiful spot, God's Window indeed! I'm sure he would approve! Hope you're doing well today and from here on out!

Anonymous said...

God's Window is an awesome and fitting place. I hope it went well. It's another major milestone and I'm glad you are starting to have some better days. The pain of loss is always there, I think we just learn to wear it better which makes some smiles, happy thoughts and memories possible.

Sterkte.