No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Tuesday 14 April 2009

The Easter Weekend.

Funny how 'special' days have an effect on me. Any normal day (Monday to Sunday) does not get to me so much anymore, but when there is a day that is not 'normal', I'm not quite so normal either. Well, I'm sure this is part of the process.

Not that I was 'silly and emotional' all weekend, just on Sunday morning. Dawie and I would have gone to Church together and would have spent the day together with family, but I was with friends and family on my own.

Time to stop this little 'pity party' I have going here.

Had a reasonably quiet time this weekend with a few friends and my family. Friday I spent with a dear old friend who came over for dinner and movies. Well, sort of dinner - she is on a very strict diet and will only eat skinless chicken and veg, so that's what we had. Did taste quite nice and would not mind eating that again - I made some grilled chicken breast on top of mushrooms pan friend with some garlic and spinach, and steamed baby potatoes. Altogether very healthy and tasty.

Saturday was spent pottering around the house and garden and in the evening dinner with D and his new lovey, D. They are a stunning couple, even though it's pretty new, it seems they are 'gelling' quite nicely.

Sunday was spent with my family - we celebrated mom's birthday that took place in the week and had a really nice leg of lamb that was cooked in the Weber with veggies and potatoes. Obviously, meat is still affordable here!

Yesterday I took my mom shopping for her birthday gift. She said she needed some new clothes and we went to one of the larger malls in Pretoria and shopped till be dropped. Winter is coming to SA soon so I also bought myself a brown sued jacket and a new coat - in black cashmere. Just could not help myself...

As much as I was surrounded my people most of the time this weekend it all felt so lonely. Silly me, I know, but still... This too shall pass!


TTFN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the loneliness in a crowd of friendly faces is pretty much where you're at, where you ought to be right now.

In time it will feel more normal, but you don't want to not feel it yet....so it's a comfort in a weird way to feel exactly what you feel.

Hey and retail therapy is a good thing me thinks.

A Lewis said...

Oh boy, those holidays/special days are tough ones sometimes. But I still say that there's nothing wrong with a good memory and old fashioned cry because you remember good things. Nothing wrong at all. And, now, it's Tuesday already.......on we go! Happy days, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Honey...You're strong...You're so
loved...It's alright to feel like
you do...You're not having a pity
party...You're being human...When
you feel like you are alone you
really aren't...

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!

Laurie