No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 22 June 2009

A big old kick in the butt...

This morning I'm thinking of my dear friend Bruce who is in hospital for a heart stent - and to be honest, I'm really worried about him. His family has a history of heart problems, and Bruce has diabetes to boot...

I met Bruce and his partner trough Dawie (They were his closest friends) and I've become very close to them over time - in fact, I would consider them some of my closest friends. They carried me trough my roughest patches and have always been there for me, and now I feel a little helpless - there is not much I can do at the moment except for being there for them and giving them my support. So, here's thinking of you guys today...

It's been one of those weekends where you wish it was a day or two longer. Yesterday was Fathers Day here in SA, and I spent the day at my sisters with all the family. Really great food (as per usual) and a stunning KWV Cab Sav with lunch.

The young man and I are going away for his birthday this weekend to a private game reserve in the Northern Province - about 4 hours driving from Pretoria - plus 40 minutes from where you park your car to the lodge via Land Rover. Really looking forward to that as well but it still feels a little unreal to be 'seeing' someone new... Just taking one day at a time!

And that, dear reader, is my boring life at the moment. Yesterday was the longest night/shortest day here so winter is 'on it's way out' as of today - better move it's arse, the cold is getting to me! I'm cranky when it's cold...

Hope y'all have a pretty week now - and fruitful obviously.


TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was Fathers Day here yesterday
as well...We spent the day at my
in-laws house...Great food their
too :)

Honey...Being there is important
too...You're doing what you can
and they know it...

Enjoy the weekend with the young
man...Just don't come back
pregnant please :)

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!

Laurie

A Lewis said...

I hope you find just the right way to enjoy the game reserve...in your own way, own time, and end up with a smile on your face afterwards. It's your time. Make it great. Thinking of Bruce today....those are very difficult moments in one's life...that demand good people around.....like you!