No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Thursday 11 June 2009

Going crazy...

So, exactly how much work can one human being do in one day? Oh, apparently it's quite a bit more that I though was possible... Yes, the office has been as crazy as they come and to add to my misery, it's the coldest and (this might come as a surprise!) wettest winter in years.


It never rains in winter in Joburg - well, never is a harsh word, it's very rare to get rain in Joburg in winter. It's usually cold and dry, now it's freezing and wet. I hate it. It's like Chinese water torture just not so much fun...


But enough moaning. It's one more night that I get to hand back 'the hounds from hell' to my parents and go back to my perfectly arranged and calm life. Strange how we adapt to our own environment, no? I mean, I grew up in that house - it has not really changed that much but now it drives me NUTS! I'm into calm, clean, perfectly ordered life and space and that is what I have in my own home. Maybe I'm just really pedantic...


TTFN

2 comments:

Tamaku said...

I know exactly what you mean. I need order in my life, it keeps me on the right side of sanity.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...I know what you mean
with the house you grew up in
driving you nuts...It does that
to me when I go to my parents
house...

Here the weather was storming like
crazy...What went through here was
so not the norm for this time of
year...

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!

Laurie