No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Friday 26 June 2009

Weekend...


So, this weekend we'll be spending some time in a Private Game Reserve in the Waterberg area in Limpopo Province. Firstly it's a LOT warmer than it is in the City at the moment (Joburg was zero degrees C this morning!) and all the big five roam in the reserve were we will be staying.
It's also the young man's 21st birthday, so we'll be celebrating that as well on Sunday. (My goodness, where was I when I turned 21...) Should be a most enjoyable weekend, and they offer one of those 'bush bath' numbers which I'm really looking forward to... For those that don't know, they place a large copper bath in the bush away from everyone and then fill it with steaming hot water and bubbles. They then leave you there for an hour with only a screen to protect your privacy from the armed guard that in turn protects you from the wild animals. Hope he's not too freaked out by the moaning... (Obviously the moaning will be from the very hot water!)
So here's wishing y'all a pretty weekend filled with love, smiles and sunshine. Mine will be filled with good food, lots of champers and long, slow days.
TTFN

5 comments:

Tamaku said...

Have a wild time, tell us all about it when you get back...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a most excellent way to spend a weekend! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

OMG! 21! I don't even remember
being 21 it's been so long ago...
OMG! I'm old enough to be his MOM!
LOL! Sounds like you're gonna have
a really awesome weekend :) Enjoy
it Sweetie :)

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!

Laurie

ps. please tell that armed guard
that I just wanna peek...I'm not
gonna touch :)

A Lewis said...

Wish you had that camera I'm selling for your weekend trip! Happy travels. The only safaris I've been on were both in Kenya.

My adventures said...

wasn't it a completely different century when you turned 21!! Ha! have fun!! take pics!!