No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 24 June 2009

Half a year...

Today, six months ago, Dawie left me. Today, six months ago, my heart was broken in so many pieces that I thought it could never be repaired again. Today, six months ago, I lost the one person in this world that I was truly willing to die for, I loved him so. Today, six months ago, my life changed forever. Today, six months ago, I thought that the easiest way to handle this pain was to end it all. Today, six months ago, I lost everything I held dear...


Today, I feel sad at the loss of my love, but also feel that I can handle life on my own again. Today, I feel as if there is something to live for, even if it is sometimes a little 'shallow and non-sensical'. Today, I can function pretty well most of the time, with the occasional breakdowns. Today, I found out that life is truly amazing, and the human spirit can heal - even if it's a slow process...


Tomorrow, I will rise and face another day, but today, I will do what needs to be done and nothing more. Today, I'm thinking of the past, and that one person that made my life worth living for...


TTFN

9 comments:

Tamaku said...

The memories will never leave you.
Keep that flicker of hope burning and watch it turn to a flame.

gishungwa said...

{{{Billy}}}
Deep post. *teary eyed*

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, honest and hopeful post. Life does go on.

Well done you for turning the corner and it's onwards and upwards from here, mostly.

Anonymous said...

Honey :) You're healing just fine
if I do say so myself :) I know
it's hard I know the memories are
there...You will never forget but
the pain will be easier to handle.

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!

Laurie

A Lewis said...

You've quite clearly learned a few of life's lessons the hard way -- and could teach many a thing or two. I'm so sorry for the horrible way in which you had to learn these lessons...but I'm thankful you did. You're a beautiful, amazing person.

A Lewis said...

And one more thing:

Today, I raise a glass to you...in celebration, in remembrance, in joy.

Billy said...

Thank you all.
Dawie was/is still the light of my life, and sharing a small part of his too short life was an enourmous priveledge.
The memories will live on...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. And the sentiment is heartfelt and amazingly put.

Java said...

Your relationship with Dawie was a beautiful thing. It is sad to think of his death. You are a better man for having shared your life with him. It is good that you can wake up today, and again tomorrow, and share a bit of him with everyone you meet, just through the man you are today because of his influence.