No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Friday 13 July 2007

Friday, weekend and work!

Sitting here, just a little irritated... Don't know if I've 'confessed' this before, but I do have a bit of a temper - bugger that, I have a lot of a temper actually! When I lose it, the eruption of Mount Helen looks like a sundayschool picnic on a warm balmy spring day. Everybody is walking little circles around my office today... Bless them!

I've had to change my holiday plans for the end of the month 'cause it coinsides with a vital plan for a division that is moving into our operations at that time, and appartly 'they cannot do it without me'. (He says with just a little chip on his shoulder, btw) At least hubby was able to change his leave plans, and all the places were we are staying is able to change our bookings to a week earlier. Still, work is interfering with my personal life!

Really should not complain too much, after all, if it wasn't for work I would not be able to afford going in nice holidays... Life is a bitch, daaaahlings!

Anyhoo, spending this weekend with Estelle and friends of C & C's that are here from SA, so not too bad. And then on a plane to see 'me husband' on Thursday. All in all, not a bad day. He is traveling for work as well next week, but will be back home by Thursday night, just in time to pick me up from the airport. Loverly!

Now, I hope y'all have a really pretty weekend, and be good!

TTFN

Ps: Few notes to the comments:

Daniel: Yes, part of the charm of working in Africa is that things have not gone completely 'commercial'. People keep asking me why I love Kenya so much. And my answer is always the same - the people! They are truly phenomenal!

Lewis: I've bought a few soapstone carving there too! Our house in Pretoria and Nairobi covered in African art...

David: Thanks for all the comments! Will share some more pic's as the fancy takes me.

Tom: Pleasure. The 'southern bit' comes from my love for movies. Every time somebody says y'all, I just completely fall in love...

1 comment:

A Bear in the Woods said...

Ooh,did I tell you I'm from the south. Deep, deep south.
I'm going to have a Mint Julep in yo' honor tonight.
Y'all be good now, heah?