No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 11 July 2007

Wednesday & life on your own...

Last night Estelle slept over at my place - she was stuck without electricity at her home (A regular thing living in Kenya), and I offered to take her in, give her a home cooked meal, a warm bed and a hot shower... To be honest, it really is more than a pleasure to have her there, and she does my soal well at the same time. Good having another person in the house...

Where this is leading basically is that I miss my hubby. Big time! When you are so used to sharing a space with somebody, it becomes part of your being. When, at first, I had to sleep alone again at night, I would wake up at night and get quite frantic if there wasn't another 'breath' in the room. It would feel weird to make one cup of coffee in the morning. I would wonder why the toilet seat is down in the bathroom, till I remember I put it down, and Dawie wasn't there to leave it up... *Smile* Strange how we get so used to living with somebody, and how strange it is when that person is not around. We are all (well I am...) such creatures of habit, and rock the boat just a bit, and that world is suddenly all hurly burly. I miss my hubby, that is it really.

Hope y'all have fruitful days.

TTFN

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

I know the feeling.....but I am good on my own too...and enjoy my free and quiet time. I love both. Love having him here, and miss him terribly when he's gone. There's something about driving up in front of the airport to pick him up....his big smiling face just waiting for me to get there.....ahh....the joys of life.

My adventures said...

I think the time apart makes you appreciate each other more, in our case anyway.