No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 16 July 2007

Some more photo's

Thought today I'd share some unique 'Africa' photos. Things that make Kenya special, things that - after a few years here, you don't notice anymore, but that make Kenya a wonderfull place to be.


This is a war cemetary that we stumbled apon on the way back from Mount Kenya. Perfectly manicured lawns and well kept gardens and graves, and just outside the gate, poverty and scalour... Graves where of British, South African, Indian and Kenyan soldiers and officers that died during the second world war, in the battle for East Africa.

Taken during a dhow trip up the creek at Kilifi, on the North Coast of Kenya. This was the captain - life is just so much more calm here...


Taken in Dar-es-Salaam - once again, no rush in Africa.



Getting a lift from a truck up the hill. Trucks are generally overloaded, so they tend to move VERY slowly. Cyclist hold onto the back of the truck and then don't need to peddle up the hill. It also means they sit in the billowing fumes that the trucks spews out.

Sign at a pub in Mombasa. Note the 'cockage fee' - that tickled my warped sence of humour...
Now, I hope y'all have a fruitful day.
TTFN
Ps: Only three sleeps and I get to see my hubby! Jipeeeee!!!!!

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

I see that Miraa is not allowed.....can I just bring some pot?

My adventures said...

ok, i'm packing my bags!!! how fabulous!!!