No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Tuesday 17 July 2007

Things I cannot live without...

Life in general gets so complicated as we 'grow younger' and I've realized that there are a few things that I just cannot live without. Things that, to somebody else, might not mean a hell of a lot, but to me, means the earth, and that will upset me to no end if they had to be ommited. I'm sure that each person has his or her own list, but this is mine. ( Top ten list - in no specific order, except for No1.)

1. My wonderful hubby. The best thing that has ever happended to me. My all...

2. Sunshine - really battle to go for a long period without seeing the sun. Not that I like sunbathing, but seeing the sun, and feeling the warmth on your skin is priceless.

3. A hot shower. Nothing better to get me going in the morning, or wind me down after a long day.

4. A toothbrush - is there anything nicer than having a clean, fresh smile?

5. Body Shop's Body Butter. (No further explanation needed!)

6. Silence - love the sound of silence, that wonderful fulfilling sound of a quite sunday morning in our garden.

7. Family and friends - Who have supported me in the rough times, laughed at me/with me during the silly times, love me for who I am and just in general have always been there for me.

8. Work - As much as I complain about being too busy/not being busy enough/ irritating people/ paperwork/ lack of paperwork etc etc, what would I do without this outlet in my life. Love what I do - end of story!

9. My parents - Which sounds a bit like a repeat of No 7, but they deserve a special mention. Despite our differences, they are my biggest support structure, and love me regardless. And the fact that they accept my partner, and have taken him in as part of their family, is something really special.

10. My children - a.k.a the doggelets, or the puppies or my nunu's etc etc. What joy they bring to our lives, always always there for you...

When I started typing this, I thought it would be things that I could not live without... (I don't really think about what I'm about to post, just start typing really - as you can see most of the time.) Wow, this was a eye opener to me too. Wonder what my therapist would say?

Hope y'all have a really pretty day now!

TTFN

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

You've done an excellent job at reminding me of the important things in life. Especially the tooth brush.