No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 9 July 2007

Life and work and stuff...

Work is really crazy at the moment, we're in the midst of a full audit, sourcing expansion funding, appointing new senior staff members, training a new accountant (Thank goodness for this one!) and then Mergers and Acquisitions are still in full swing... My brain is putty - a big blob of gray putty! My big saving here is that I've put in for some leave at the end of the month, and everything is booked and paid for! So, I'll be flying to SA on the 26th, and hubby and I will be spending some time alone - well, after we get to spend a day with all the family for my 'bathday' on the 29th...

Our trip will be to the lowveld in SA - Hazyview area, close to the Kruger National Park, and then off to Dullstroom, which is on the highveld and stunningly cold and misty and wonderfull this time of year! Nights spent around a fireplace, drinking Red wine, eating lovely fresh trout we caught (bought) ourselves, lying in in the morning under a heavy feather duvet. How marvelous! We will be spending some time here and then some time here. Cannot wait!

The pic in the previous post is my hubby! Those eyes are dreamy... I have the ability to take pictures of people at their worst, and this was taken one morning after we went to his year end function at work - obviously quite a late night filled with lovely food - and loverly amounts of booze! (Neither of us really drink a lot, so we don't get trashed, but it did get very racous that night.) I think he still looks gorgeuos!





Weather in Nairobi is miserable at the moment - July is usually winter, and the nights are very chilly - temp in my house is down to 18 degrees at night... So, here is a pic of warmer climates and wonderful holiday spots. This is in Diani on the South Coast of Kenya - about 60km from Mombasa town.

Love the black and white bit...

Hope y'all have a wonderful, fruitful day and week!

TTFN

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

I like that "fruitful" day part. tee hee

My adventures said...

your pics make me want to visit africa!!! thanks for sharing them...