No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 16 February 2009

I will survive...

Was it Gloria Gaynor who sang I will survive? If my (rapidly) failing brain is functioning correctly, she did, and I too, will survive! The weekend was rather emotional, but with the support of a WONDERFUL group op friends and my family, I got trough this as well... So, here goes a new week.

I know that all the 'first' are going to be hard to deal with - my gut tells me so (and my therapist confirmed it!) and I'll deal with things as and when they happen. Think this is a healthy process.

On another note, starting to finilize the garden and should be able to put op a few picks soon. All I can say is that the sun in Pretoria was merciless this weekend! I look like a boiled lobster. (That reminds me, time for a seafood dinner sometime.)

Only two more weeks and then I'm off on holiday for ten days with my folks. We're going to the Kruger National Park for a few days, looking forward to that. And I thought we might drive into Mozambique too as there is a place I want to go and look at - a holiday home for the future. It's only a 280km(175miles)trip one way from where we will be - a quick three hours excluding the border post. Should be fun!

Well, here I am dreaming away about the future and my work is waiting - better get started.

Have a pretty week y'all!


TTFN

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Yes Sweetheart...You are right...
The GREAT Gloria Gaynor....

I so can't wait for the pictures!!
It has been a while since I've
had a good seafood meal...I may
just make some fish with a crab
crumble tonight...OR I could just
throw you into the pot and have
lobster :) Just kiddin...

Take TONS of pictures while
you're on holiday!!!!

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!