No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 25 February 2009

The Garden.

Promised a few pics, so let's see how long this lasts...

While the going is good - this is the 'pot garden' at the back door. We've planted Lemon Verbena, Coriander, Rocket, Rosemary, Thyme, Lemon Thyme, a Bayleaf Tree, parsley - flat leaf and normal, mint, Chives, wild garlic and origano... Looking forward to a nice herb salad soon! (From two angles)





The front of the house. As I'm traveling most of the time it had to be low maintenance. This is what we came up with...



More of the front. Have to give the new lawn some time to settle down but sure it will look great in about two to three weeks.



That's all for now folks, hope y'all have a really pretty day!

TTFN

PS: The garden layout was Dawie's ideas. He was such a creative soal. Just another thing to remember him by.

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

I love the way the sunshine casts the shadows with the pots....and the red of the brick wall...very pretty!

Laurie said...

My yard next please Honey....

That is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Oh
man...I would love to sit out
there...Cup of coffee and a good
book...Ahhh....I can feel it now...

You did an extrodianry job Honey...
I hope you know that...

LOVES YOU!!!!!


ps.It's good to see you blogging
again... :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning job. I love the look of the hard landscaping and will certainly prove to be low maintenance for you. I love your choice of pots and especially those in the front with the angled tops. I also love the pavers with pebbles. I did that look in a previous [place and it so effective.

Excuse me going on, but I have learned that here in North America, folks got the wrong idea when I talked about my "pot plants" as opposed to "potted plants" - you can see their surprise and confusion!