No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Friday 6 February 2009

Stuff...

Life is quite busy at the moment - think the universe has worked it out that way to keep my mind of 'things', and finding time to do things I enjoy is quite the challenge... So, what's happened in the last bit that has made my life so crazy:

I've been given extra responsibility at work. Basically, due to the economic crisis (feeble excuse, but ok) they are not going to fill a position that has become vacant and I'm now responsible for those folks as well. Hey, it's not like I didn't have enough to do to start with but at least it's a challenge and I see a difference at the end of the month on my 'tip slip'.

Dawie's estate is dragging on and on and the company that is handling it is driving me nuts. I did not expect it to just 'go away' but I was hoping to get it behind me as soon as I could, but it seems this is going to take at least a year to resolve. Will take this one a day at a time, it's the only way...

I've bought a new car. The idea is basically to sell both the cars and get one to replace it. Only problem is that I now have three cars standing at home as I have not sold the other two yet... I am the king of procrastination after all...

It seems my daughter (read dog) is going to go on heat soon and then we'll try for pups... So, I gonna be a granny! Yorkies are such cute puppies - I know already that I'm going to battle with having them go to other homes - and they're not even born yet. (Never mind made yet!)

The garden is in progress - I'll post some before and after pics when we're done. It will include a potted herb garden in the back, a water feature in the front (to drive the neighbours moggy) and a special memorial corner for my Skapie. This is the one thing that I'm really enjoying at the moment. It's fun and good for the soal...

Just a quick update on what's going on in my life if anybody's interested. Sorry for not posting more often but time is really limited...

Hope y'all have a really pretty weekend!

TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Missed your updates. Good to keep busy and kudos on the extra responsibility at work (late nights and a bit more stress) but worth it ey?

My adventures said...

you have been busy...

A Lewis said...

Happy Grandparenting!!

Laurie said...

You know I'm always interested
in what's going on in your neck
of the woods :)

I can't wait to see the garden :)

Take care Granny to be and know
that I'm always thinking of you :)

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!!