No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Tuesday 7 August 2007

Blessings...

Lewis commented yesterday, and made me think for a second or two - 'Count your blessings, not your lack of them.' How wonderful a outlook on life that is, that we can count the good things, and let the things that upset us 'slide'! Sometimes, I forget just how blessed I am. Sometimes I forget that - 'but for the grace of God, there go I'! (My mom used to say that when we saw somebody that was less previledged than we were.) I've always had a plate of food on my table, I've always had a warm place to sleep, friends to talk to, family to support me, and I'm not always truly thankfull about these blessings.

My life has not always been a bed of roses, but to be completely honest, the good times far exceed the bad memories, and bad memories have faded with time. The sadness has passed but the lessons remain. In fact, I bear no grudge towards another human being, and even thought some friendships have fallen by the wayside for whatever reason, I feel no ill will towards these people. I am truly blessed.

I hope your days will also be filled with good memories, smiles and laughter!

TTFN

Ps: Started quiting smoking this week and going a bit crazy at the moment! Went from a pack a day man to just 5 a day, and really battling at the moment... Keep your fingers crossed! Plan is to be on zero by the end of August!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey jy, wou net se dat jy my alles is

My adventures said...

you can do it... oct 19th is 3 years for me... i feel so much better it's unreal!!! wish i'd quit 10 years earlier... !!!

A Lewis said...

It doesn't take looking to far to see that many of us do have it better off than many others. Good thoughts for you and the cigarette thing...think LONG TERM GOAL. Not short term. Big picture, not little picture. The end of August seems like a pretty intense/short period of time....maybe want to spread it out a little longer?