No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 8 August 2007

Terrible weather.

Today is a really gray, cold day in Nairobi. I've come to the conclution that the main reason the British decided to colonize Nairobi, was because the weather is exactly like that in London, and they felt at home...

I'm just taking a little stab - so don't take me too seriously, but the weather is really getting to me. At one stage in my life I was transferred to Cape Town (Picture above of Table Mountain from Bloubergstrand - taken in summer, so this is about 20H30 at night) by a company I used to work for. In the beginning, this was very exciting, new city, chance to make new friends, very active gay lifestyle etc etc, but then the first winter came along. I do not mind cold weather, but if this is accompanied by rain and sleet, and everything remains damp and mouldy, I get a little upset. In fact, at that stage I gave them an ultimatum that if they did not take me back to Johannesburg, I would resign... Obviously, the rip roaring laughter from the HR department could be heard by human and animal alike...

Cold gray weather is fine if I have a chance to stay indoors and don't have to drag (pun intended) myself to the office - dressed like an eskimo hell bent on not making a single piece of flesh show. Sniffling, dribbling, miserable 'not so little' me.

As you can see, did not really have much to say today, so decided to keep you busy with a whole load of 'bollocks'.

Hope y'all have a wonderful, fruitful day!

TTFN

3 comments:

Minge said...

My ignorance is brought home to me quite vividly sometimes. I had no idea it could get cold in Nairobi. Or perhaps, from a Scottish perspective, it might not seem so cold - I don't know... I'm waffling now.

A Lewis said...

Don't move to Portland. You'll be quite unhappy. About 8-9 months out of the year.

"Tommy" said...

Ah......even tho the heat is here in Louisiana.....it can be a very wet numbing cold in Jan and Feb.

but we are all just sittin on the porch here....waiting till that brew starts in the Gulf.

Tis hurricane season.....and late August and Sept are the prime months.

It will be a Party...for sure ...for about three days....minus fallen trees, flooded houses....we hope for just a Cat 3 or below...